Did you Know?
- 50% of Indian children aged 6-18 years do not attend school. Source: 7th All India Education Survey, 2002
- 53% of girls in the age group of 5 to 9 years are illiterate. Source: 7th All India Education Survey, 2002
- According to UNICEF, 47% of girls are married by 18 years of age, and 18% are married by 15 years of age. Of these, 20% are mothers to at least one child. Child marriages are result of lack of education.
- Over 60 million Children of our upcoming future generation work in homes as domestic help, in brick kilns, in quarries, picking rags, on farms... from morning to night with no food, no play and at times no money you can give them wings of education. Say NO to
- Child Labour.Source Rediff.com Business June 22, 2010
- Education for underprivileged Children is the key whether we are addressing healthcare, poverty, population control, unemployment or human rights issues.
Child Education-Ek Zaroorat
Child Education-Ek Zaroorat is a Green Yatra’s innovative initiative where we are trying to address and resolve above stated bitter facts/ statistics. Under the project we educationally adopt underprivileged children and send them to school and support their all basic educational needs (as books, stationary, bags, school dresses, school tuition fees etc.) along with making Mother Earth more beautiful, clean and green.This can be done by donating your just one month's old newspapers (raddi).
Our effort is to provide the necessary basic educational needs to millions of poor and needy children across the country and saving Mother Nature through Reduce, Reuse, Recycle and Realizeawareness campaign.
The project is aunited sustainable effort of individuals, educational institutes, corporates and Green Yatra. We have already begun taking steps towards our goal to adopt 1000 children in 1st phase and to achieve this milestone…. we need your much needed valuable support.
Green Yatra is a Non-Governmental Charity (NGO), actively dedicated to Protection and Conservation of Mother Nature and Humanity. The organization is registered and associated with Planning Commission, Government of India, United Nation and tax exempted u/s 80G of the Income Tax Act.
We believe in ACTION on ground level and working logically, strategically, and practically with prevention and solution oriented approaches. This way is the only way to reach our goal of nature Protection and Conservation. The impact and success of our much needed innovative initiatives Child Education-Ek Zaroorat , Go GREEN Kids , Zaroorat - A Need , Green Youth, Green India, Plant a Tree, Plant a New Life.... We will do it for You, Green Societies, Green Earth, Go GREEN Ganesha is a token of our dedicated honest efforts. Our main objective has always been to leave the world better than we found it. For more detail kindly visit: www.greenyatra.org