Green Yatra is a Non-Profit-Non-Governmental organization (NGO). A devoted Yatra (journey) toward protection, conservation and improvement of our Mother Nature and Humanity. Our sole objective is to pass on a habitable GREEN pollution free Earth and a better World to the future generations. Green Yatra works towards nullifying the imbalance caused by us, our society and our people. Our goal is to bring the focus on value and importance of our planet and environment to all human beings, and urge ALL to adopt a Reduce, Reuse, Recycle and Realize lifestyle in order to support and respect the efforts to preserve the planet, our one and only source of life..
Green Yatra is a Non-Governmental Charity (NGO), actively dedicated to Protection and Conservation of Mother Nature and Humanity. The organisation is registered and associated with Assistant Charity commissioner â€“ Thane Region, Planning Commission – Government of India, United Nation and tax exempted u/s 80G of the Income Tax Act. We strive to maintain the integrity of the ecosystem for the benefit of all living creatures by introducing and adopting simple green lifestyle, eco-friendly ideas in our daily lives.Â
Green Yatra was started in 2009 and being run by individuals who share a strong love and passion for protecting and respecting our only source of life-Mother Nature. We believe in ACTION by doing as much as we can to preserve our environment and humanity. Sitting idly, complaining, blaming the system, societies, or commenting on internet forums are THINGS WE DO NOT DO. We believe that by working logically, strategically, and practically with prevention and solution oriented approaches is the only way to reach our goal of nature Protection and Conservation. The impact and success of our initiatives are a token of our dedication and hard work. Our main objectives has always been to leave the world better than we found it so we are working sincerely with devotion toward bringing out the VALUE of our nature, hoping for your complete support.
We work with individuals to make a change on a mass level and take pride in being a stand-alone platform, where several parties can join in this revolutionary movement. So if you are a householder, a corporate house, an educational or non-educational institution, a social group, an NGO, a social entrepreneur, or simply a person who is interested in on-going environmental work, Green Yatra is the place for you! Our mission is to assist in solving environmental problems and promote cooperation among similar groups and people by supporting the free exchange of information and public participation in environmental decision making. We aim to be involved in and perform all such acts that may assist in or are conducive to fostering environmental education, protection, and security. We are mainly concerned with generating mass awareness and deepening of national and international public debate on environmental issues. We are involved in mobilizing local communities via high-pitched campaigns and projects such as Child Education-Ek Zaroorat ,Go GREEN Kids , Zaroorat – A Need , Green Youth, Green India, Plant a Tree, Plant a New Life…. We will do it for You,Green Societies, Green Earth, Go GREEN Ganesha One of our key goals is to educate the people on various sources of pollution and its adverse impact and show how we can all strive to be greener in our daily lives.
Green Yatra sees its role in creating awareness among people by recognizing their personal impact on global warming and promoting activities that support this goal. In this endeavour, we look forward to working with all interested citizens of India, the World, and anyone who can help in any form such as through volunteers, resource persons, financial sponsors, or networking agents.
- Green Yatra won most Pro-active Environmental NGO – 2013, at Nitara – A Musical Extravaganza for Environment. Organize by Garbage Concern Welfare Society, Mumbai.
- We are only organization who has the support of more than 50 lakhs students in various schools across India and counting’s under our Go GREEN Kids initiative.
- 1st organization in Mumbai who started campaign against PoP Ganesha Idols along with more than six eco-friendly alternative solutions under Go GREEN Ganesha initiative.
- Only Mumbai’s NGO featured in Prestigious International Youth Leader Magazine & its work has been published in Hindustan Times, DNA, Afternoon, Times of India, Mid-Day and Sakaal and other newspapers.
- Organized India’s 1st Robot Marathon: Robothon with D.J. Sanghvi College of engineering.
- Partner and associated with 200+ colleges/ universities across India and started â€œ Green Youth, Green India‘s 1st initiative to bring youths under one roof.
- 200+ free social awareness campaign, events and activities including six marathons with different colleges across India in less than two years.
- Only NGO in India which provide home pickup service for old household stuffs as Clothes, books, toys etc. under project Zaroorat – A Need.
- We have a large pool of 2000+ volunteers and 200+ Interns from all prestigious institutions and corporates from across the glob